Quick Meat Sauce and Shells March 26, 2008
In the April addition of Family Circle there were several good lean beef recipes. I tried this one last night and it was wonderful. The following recipe is not the exact same as in the magazine. It is modified to my tastes. I will definitely be making this again! Serves 6 – Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 23 mins
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 t sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta shells
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- In a skillet, cook crumbled ground beef, peppers, and onion for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer over med-low for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta following pgk directions. Drain.
- Spoon sauce over pasta. Top with shredded cheese and serve.
If you make this, let me know what you think! Here is the original recipe.